[Cato] FW: Ability Summit May 31st: Final Information & Details

Ward Naf wnaf at whatcom.edu
Wed May 30 14:21:11 PDT 2018

Ward Naf
IT Director
Whatcom Community College
(360) 383-3430

From: Accessibility Events (CELA) <accevent at microsoft.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 6:00 PM
To: Accessibility Events (CELA) <accevent at microsoft.com>
Subject: Ability Summit May 31st: Final Information & Details

[Ability Summit Header including the Ability Summit Logo and the words Summit 2018. Imagine, Build, Enable.]

Hello,

We look forward to hosting you at the Microsoft Ability Summit<http://www.aka.ms/abilityexpo> this Thursday in Redmond!  As the countdown begins, we wanted to send some important information to help you prepare.

EVENT INFORMATION
Microsoft Conference Center (MSCC)
16070 NE 36th Way, Building 33
Redmond, WA 98052

Registration will begin at 11:30 AM on Thursday, May 31, 2018.  The event starts promptly at 12:30 PM with the opening keynote.   Please plan your travel accordingly to ensure you don't miss a thing!  Registration will be in the main lobby of the Conference Center.

PARKING & DRIVING DIRECTIONS
Driving directions and a parking map are attached.  You are welcome to park in any of the surface lots or we recommend the South Garage.  From the South Garage there are elevators that will bring you into the "Conference Center."  ADA Parking Stalls are located on P1 & P2 near the elevators.  We have also saved additional ADA Parking stalls on the surface lot directly outside the Conference Centers main entrance.  If you are arriving by taxi or rideshare, please enter the Conference Center through the South entrance.

AGENDA
To see everything happening and view speaker bios please visit the Summit Agenda<https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/tab1.aspx?EventID=2274717>.  For your convenience we have also attached a Word version of the full agenda.  Please note:  Lunch is not provided at this event and there are very few options for dining near the conference center. There will be snacks and beverages available after the Opening General Session.

ACCOMODATIONS AVAILABLE AT THE ABILITY SUMMIT

  *   In order to create a more inclusive environment, this is a fragrance-free event. Please refrain from wearing products with fragrance (perfumes, cologne, etc.).
  *   Within the General Session Room, we have arranged for reserved seating (for those needing captioning or ASL Interpretation) located in the front of the room that will be clearly marked.
  *   We have set aside a Quiet Lounge that is available to all attendees throughout the day.   The registration team can direct you to this room and there will be a sign outside identifying the space.
  *   We will have real-time captioning on the screen during the Opening General Session.
  *   ASL Interpreters will be at the front of the room for the Opening General Session.
  *   ASL Interpreters have been scheduled upon request for the Job Fair and Product Expo.
  *   The Microsoft Conference Center is located on ground level and has curb cuts for guests in wheelchairs and door openers at the entrance.
  *   Trained service animals are welcome on the Microsoft Campus.  There will be a relief area for service animals outside of the main entrance and water bowls available inside near registration.
  *   Event signage will have Braille overlays in the upper right corner of each sign.
  *   Event handouts and programs will be available at registration in Braille and Large Print.
  *   Beverage coolers have instructions posted in Braille and Large Print.
  *   Tactile Maps of the Microsoft Conference Center are available at Registration.
  *   Tours of the Microsoft Conference Center by a sighted guide are available at 11:30am and 12:00pm leaving from the Registration Desk.

HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE?
We are available to help with additional requests to make your Ability Summit experience inclusive and welcoming.  Our contact information is below for any additional questions or support you may need.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

The Ability Summit 2018 Team
accevent at Microsoft.com<mailto:accevent at Microsoft.com>

[Microsoft Logo]