[Cato] State Board Report

Fusco, Karen kfusco at olympic.edu
Tue May 16 15:20:27 PDT 2017

Attached is the report that Mark Jenkins and I presented to the SBCTC Board at their meeting last Wednesday (this is the final draft I was given, but it's possible minor edits were made by the Executive Director's assistant just prior to distribution).  I want to thank Jess Thompson, Mark Jenkins, and Joe Holiday again for their excellent work on this report.  Please circulate broadly to your respective councils and commissions!

Despite the late hour - we were last on the agenda, and they were running overtime - the Board was engaged and asked great questions.  They were especially interested in budget information, and one of our goals for the coming year will be to compile data on expenditures and projected costs related to technology access.  Some of this is already being collected through the State Board's Disability Accommodation Pool (DAP), where each DSS office reports its annual expenditures in specific accommodation categories (including any expenses incurred by eLearning, IT or other departments related to captioning, assistive technology, etc.), and will give us a good start.

Finally, we are still taking nominations for next year's Chair - please consider serving at this critical juncture in CATO's evolution, and let me know if you have any questions.  I will be stepping down at the end of June.

So ready for sunshine . . .

[OCEmailLogo]
Karen Fusco | Director | Access Services
1600 Chester Avenue | Bremerton, WA 98337-1699
360.475.7540 | Fax 360.475.7436 | kfusco at olympic.edu<mailto:kfusco at olympic.edu>