[BFET] [UCE] Student Supports Canvas Community | Phase One Launch Announcement!

Jennifer Dellinger jdellinger at sbctc.edu
Tue Apr 21 16:57:31 PDT 2020

Good Evening BFET Team!

The Student Supports team is pleased to announce the launch of a Canvas Community for community and technical college (CTC) and community-based organization (CBO) staff working in the following Student Support programs:

·       Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWD)

  *   Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET)
  *   Opportunity Grant
  *   Student Emergency Assistance Grant Program (SEAG)
  *   WorkFirst
  *   Worker Retraining (WRT)

The Canvas Community will house:

  *   Onboarding
  *   Ongoing training
  *   Program information
  *   Program files
  *   COVID-19 guidance
  *   More features will be added in future phases!

All program files from the SBCTC Program Staff Websites will be transferred to the Canvas Community by July 1. A PDF detailing the full list of changes is attached.

If you're new to Canvas, this Canvas Guide video<https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1124-canvas-overview-students> gives you a brief tour of Canvas. The Student Supports Canvas Community also contains a Canvas 101 page<https://sbctc.instructure.com/courses/1940148/pages/canvas-101?module_item_id=42178960> for your reference. Please contact Dylan Jilek<mailto:djilek at sbctc.edu> with any technical support questions related to Canvas.
Getting Connected
All ABAWD Navigators, BFET & Workfirst Administrators, Opportunity Grant Points of Contact, SEAG Program Contacts, and WRT Coordinators have been added to the Canvas Community. If you have not received an invitation to the community and would like to join, please send an email requesting access to Dylan Jilek<mailto:djilek at sbctc.edu> at djilek at sbctc.edu<mailto:djilek at sbctc.edu>. Indicate the Student Supports program(s) you work with in your request.
Going Forward
As the program administrator for BFET, I will continue to be your direct point of contact for all things related to your program. I look forward to the utilization of Canvas as an intersection between Workforce programs and a community of resources.

Our Canvas Community will be a living course. The Student Supports team plans to continue adding features, in particular features requested by you in the field. If you'd like to provide suggestions, proposed additions, comments, or any other feedback around any element of the community, please contact Dylan Jilek<mailto:djilek at sbctc.edu>, Education Program Coordinator, at djilek at sbctc.edu<mailto:djilek at sbctc.edu> or 360-704-1027. We want to make sure the site meets your needs - your feedback is valuable and appreciated. This is phase one of our release - we look forward to creating a fantastic Canvas Community to serve the system's needs!
General questions about the Canvas Community and these changes can also be directed to Dylan<mailto:djilek at sbctc.edu>.

Thank you!

[Compass]Jennifer Dellinger
Program Administrator
Email: jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> ∙ Office: 360.704.3925

Electronic Privacy Notice:  This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.