[Abawdnavigators] Updates

Kathi Medcalf kmedcalf at sbctc.edu
Fri Mar 13 10:42:26 PDT 2020

Hello All,

I hope you are taking care of yourself and loved ones in this crazy time.

I wanted to give you some general updates:

  1.  We are working with DSHS to see what we can do to allow for Virtual orientations and waiving signatures for a short time.  DSHS is waiting for a response from FNS(feds) about a hold harmless waiver or using good cause or other options for our new work requirement ABAWDS.  As soon as I have anything official I promise to pass it along we are hoping we might have something today.
  2.   If you are currently working from home and will not be doing F2F orientations at this point please let me know.  When you have a change in status if can let me know I would appreciate it.  We are trying to keep DSHS updated.
  3.  I am working on the manual and have a meeting with DSHS this afternoon to go over the changes and make sure to have their seal of approval,  I am hoping it will be sent to you before COB today but it may be Monday morning depending on the amount of changes that need to occur after our meeting this afternoon.

I understand this is a trying time and I appreciate all of your concern for the ABAWDS and what our  CTC response to Covid-19 might do to their ability to keep their SNAP benefits. I will send updates as soon as I have them.  Until then communicate your status and stay safe.

Thanks,
Kathi

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Kathi Medcalf, M.S.Ed
Program Administrator: ABAWD, Workforce Education
1300 Quince Street SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504-2495
P: (360) 704-1838     E: kmedcalf at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmedcalf at sbctc.edu>
                      Pronouns: She/Her