[Wsssc] Call to Action: 2024-2025 WSSSC Office Slate

Gilmore English, Jessica jgilmoreenglish at RTC.edu
Thu Apr 18 14:11:51 PDT 2024

Hello WSSSC. We are putting together the officer slate for 2024-2025 and here's where we're at:

President Elect: Karl Smith, Tacoma Community College
President: Robert Cox, Centralia College
Past President: Claire Peinado, Skagit Valley College
Secretary: Krista Francis, Peninsula College
Treasurer: Vacant - details below
Members-at-Large: 2 seats open, selected by incoming President

Call to Action: Please reach out to myself, Rob, and/or Claire to let us know of your interest in the Treasurer and/or Member-at-Large positions.

Rob has backfilled for Treasurer this year, and is a great resource if you have questions about the time commitment, etc. at robert.cox at centralia.edu<mailto:robert.cox at centralia.edu>

For Treasurer, we ask the person serve for 2 years to maintain continuity. Our WSSSC constitution<https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/wsssc/wsssc_constitution.docx> outlines the general responsibilities of the treasurer, copied below. Part C should specify coordination related to payment, etc. for those items. This officer role is not responsible for coordinating all those components in the broader scope of meeting planning.

     *   Treasurer
        *   Shall establish and maintain financial records and report at regular meetings.
        *   Shall provide for the payment of all authorized Commission expenses.
        *   Shall coordinate the arrangements necessary for each regular meeting of the Commission (lodging, meals, meeting facilities, parking, hospitality events, and meeting registration announcements and registrations for meetings).
Officers are a part of the WSSSC Exec team. Exec meets 1x monthly for an hour. It's a highly collaborative and supportive group of peers - you'll be joining a great team. We are seeking to affirm the '24-'25 officer slate for a vote at our May meeting.

Thank you,
Jess

Jessica Gilmore English
Vice President of Student Services

425-235-2463
jgilmoreenglish at rtc.edu<mailto:jgilmoreenglish at rtc.edu> | rtc.edu<https://twitter.com/rentontech>
Pronouns: she, her, hers

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9BF03.B24936D0]<https://www.rtc.edu/>
3000 NE 4thSt., Renton WA 98056
Students Succeed at RTC.
[cid:image002.png at 01D9BF03.B24936D0]<https://www.facebook.com/rentontechnicalcollege>[cid:image003.png at 01D9BF03.B24936D0]<https://twitter.com/rentontech>[cid:image004.png at 01D9BF03.B24936D0]<https://www.youtube.com/rentontechnicalcollege>[cid:image005.png at 01D9BF03.B24936D0]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/renton-technical-college>[cid:image006.png at 01D9BF03.B24936D0]<https://instagram.com/rentontechnicalcollege/>