[Wsssc] Financial Aid Program Review Services RFP (2023-RFP-001)

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Wed Sep 6 08:27:41 PDT 2023

SBCTC-ITD MEMORANDUM

Date:                September 6, 2023
To:                    ctcLink College Leaders [PoC]
Financial Aid Council [FAC]
Washington Association of Community and Technical Colleges [WACTC PRES]
Student Services Commission [WSSSC]
From:               Grant Rodeheaver
Subject:              Financial Aid Program Review Services RFP (2023-RFP-001)

Dear college community:
We have finalized contracts with two vendors - College Aid Services and CliftonLarsonAllen LLP - resulting from the Financial Aid Program Review Services RFP (2023-RFP-001). These are optional-use contracts available through the Washington Institutions of Public Higher Education (WIPHE) Contract Clearinghouse.
It has come to our attention that at least one of these vendors has reached out directly to colleges with a solicitation-style message.
Rest assured there is no requirement for colleges to enter into contracts with these vendors.
As we stabilize on the ctcLink system, colleges may want experienced outside help to better align their Financial Aid office's internal policies and procedures. Financial Aid offices have been especially impacted in this transition, so these centrally negotiated master contracts make it easier for those colleges seeking outside assistance to leverage pre-qualified vendor services, without running an individual RFP.

Learn more
WIPHE Contract Clearinghouse

*       College Aid Services<https://wiphe.sbctc.edu/contract.aspx?id=380&lead=no>

*       CliftonLarsonAllen LLP<https://wiphe.sbctc.edu/contract.aspx?id=381&lead=no>

What is a Master Contract?
Master Contract competitive procurements result in the selection of vendors prequalified to be on the Master List. Additional qualified master contracts are cooperative contracts that conform to Washington State Procurement laws, rules, policies, and trade agreements (e.g., WIPHE). DES maintains a list of cooperative contracts that meet state requirements.
Overall, if a college or SBCTC has a need which can be met with one of these prequalified vendors, they may contract directly with the vendor without an additional RFP process.
We regret any concern or alarm caused by either vendors' direct messages.
Please reach out to Abraham Rocha<mailto:arocha at sbctc.edu>, SBCTC Contracts Officer, if you have any questions about this or any other contracts.

Thank you,

-Grant
[Compass]Grant Rodeheaver
Deputy Executive Director / CIO, IT Division
grodeheaver at sbctc.edu<mailto:grodeheaver at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-3939  * c: 360-280-4733

Please DO NOT REPLY to SBCTC-IT Mail regarding this e-mail.  SBCTC-IT Mail is an unmonitored mailbox, and your message will not be received.

Message Received Only Once When Sent to Multiple Mail Lists: A message sent to multiple lists is received only once by members using Microsoft Exchange Server and MS-Outlook. For example, if a systemwide message is sent to 30 lists, and you are a member of 10 of those lists, you will receive the message only once rather than 10 times.