[Wsssc] Commission Feedback for CNED Career Data Quality Proposal

Hayden, Ruby Ruby.Hayden at lwtech.edu
Fri Oct 6 13:28:31 PDT 2023

Hello WSSSC Commission Members,

As your Data Governance Committee (DGC) Representative (also joined by Steve Ashpole), I am bringing you the CNED Career Data Quality and Enrollment Tracking Proposal (attached).

The problem this proposed solution solves is ensuring alignment between Continuing Education career (CNED) enrollments and policies, inconsistent data quality, and determining the best approach to track special funding program FTES.

The key recommendations within the proposal are about aligning written policy and providing coding documentation for continuing education enrollments. Other action items include adding a data element to the data warehouse, QARS reports, and training to support continuing education in CtcLink. This is a process alignment and documentation proposal only. No ctcLink coding or ctcLink structural changes will take place.

Please reply back to me your feedback, if any, and I will communicate it to the DGC. Feel free to share broadly on your campus and any other councils or workgroups you serve.

Please submit your feedback to me by October 20th

Regards,

Ruby.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services
West 213C
11605 - 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  facebook.com/theLWTech  |  twitter.com/TheLWTech