[Wsssc] WF and BFET: Federal Shutdown on SBCTC and Colleges

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Mon Oct 2 12:49:20 PDT 2023

Good afternoon WF and BFET Colleagues,

As many of you may be aware, congress passed a stopgap bill to avert a shutdown, which will fund the government for 45 days. This will allow the house and senate some additional time to come to agreement on the 12 annual appropriation bills. Currently, the house has passed 4 of 12 bills which now sit with the Senate.

A couple of updates:

  1.  The SBCTC will transfer BFET budget amounts from OGMS to OBIS.
     *   Please note that for BFET we are unable to process any budget revisions until we have final workbooks from DSHS.
  2.  WF and BFET billing as usual - Invoices received and approved after 9/25/23 will be processed and paid out
     *   Please make sure you have FY/FFY24 invoicing deadlines marked on your calendars
  3.  Our team will be running BFET reports to determine FFY23 carry over numbers from eJAS today
  4.  WF and BFET fall funding surveys will release October 9th.

Thank you for your continued support and patience. The SBCTC will continue to monitor the progress of congress throughout the 45-day stopgap.

With Care,

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D9F52E.0D671360]Jennifer Dellinger
Policy Associate, Student Services
Student Support Programs
WA State Board for Community & Technical Colleges
jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> / 360.704.4339
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>

SBCTC Vision:

“Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities.”