[Wsssc] Farewell from Christina Castorena

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Thu Jul 13 10:28:05 PDT 2023

Greetings Colleagues,

I hope you are enjoying this wonderful summer!

I am writing to let you know that after 35 years in higher education, I am pivoting to the non-profit sector. Education and equity work have always been my two greatest passions. I’m excited to transition into a new career with the Washington Alliance for Better Schools where I will be creating innovative pathways for BIPOC and other underserved high school students to graduate college and career ready.  This will include developing partnerships and collaborations with school districts, industry leaders and our community and technical colleges.

Working in higher education has been very rewarding. The fellowship, mentorship and support from my fellow WSSSC’ers has been a tremendous source of empowerment and inspiration that has kept me going in both good and challenging times. I’m so grateful for this group and the vision and leadership you provide to the system in making sure student success in our mission and focus.  My plan is to continue to serve as a Guided Pathways coach to keep me connected to the great work being done by colleges in our collective equity work!

My last working day at Bellevue College is Friday, July 14th. Please keep in touch. My email is christinacastorena5 at gmail.com

Thank you for being wonderful colleagues! Keep up the great work!

Warmly,
Christina