[Wsssc] Student health, physical, and mental health services

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Fri Jul 14 08:47:21 PDT 2023

Dear WSSSC members,
Below includes a note from a summer intern, Sophia, with the WA Senate Higher Education committee. SBCTC would greatly appreciate your participation in a brief survey related to addressing our health and wellness efforts. All things connected; this information will help to inform efforts for next legislative session which are being discussed now.  Thank you in advance, Lauren Hibbs

Hello,

This summer staff to the Washington State Senate Higher Education and Workforce Development committee are exploring higher education institutions' student health fees and associated physical and mental health services. Although all public four-year institutions have student fees related to mental and physical health services, it is unclear how many public two-year institutions of higher education have assessed mandatory student fees related to mental and physical health care services.

With that in mind, SCS is conducting an informal survey of all community and technical colleges. Please respond to this email by Monday, July 24, with a quick yes or no in response to the following question: "Does your institution have a mandatory student fee related to accessing physical and/or mental health services?"

Please direct any questions to Sophia Keskey from SCS (sophia.keskey at leg.wa.gov<mailto:sophia.keskey at leg.wa.gov>, cc'ed). She may also reach out individually to institutions after receiving responses.

Thank you for your time! SCS appreciates your help in better understanding the higher education health fee and services landscape."

[Compass]
Lauren Hibbs, Ed.D
lhibbs at sbctc.edu* o: 360-704-4334 *

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."