[Wsssc] Benefit Navigator, Campus Strategic Plan Guidance, and Q&A Sessions

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Wed Jul 12 14:54:58 PDT 2023

Good afternoon,

Attached you will find guidance for 2SHB 1559 - Benefit Navigators and the Hunger-Free & Basic Needs Camus Strategic Plan. Thank you for your patience as we moved through the process of developing and preparing this release.

All colleges should have received their allocations for the Benefit Navigator positions on July 1st. Please make sure to work with your budget/business office for access to these funds.

Included in the guidance document you will find information and guidance on the following:

  *   Overview and Basic Needs Background
  *   Funding
  *   Benefits Navigator Design Model
  *   Scope of Work
  *   Position Description Template
  *   Legislative Reporting
  *   Hunger-Free & Basic Needs Camus Strategic Plan
  *   Strategic Plan Outline Template
  *   Student Basic Needs Survey Assessment

The SBCTC will be hosting two open office hour sessions for general Q&A. Colleges are welcome to join the informal webinar to ask questions, seek clarification, and learn more about the elements of the Benefits Navigators and the Campus Strategic Plan. Please note that registration to this session is required and there is opportunity to submit questions at time of registration. You are also encouraged to send your questions to jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu>. Questions are welcome as we will be developing a Q&A document to be sent out to the system after the open office hour session have concluded.

Open Office Hour Q&A Sessions:

Wednesday, July 19th at 8:45 am
Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYqfuCoqT0iHtBqj992Pdz8sYy9hX5ErULM

Wednesday, July 19th at 1:00 pm
Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0oce6qpj0pH9P0eloBJv9b5wsTYhuFheH-

We look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for all your hard work and efforts in supporting your campuses, students, and communities.

Kindly,

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D9B4D0.38E6B020]Jennifer Dellinger
Policy Associate, Student Services
Student Support Programs
WA State Board for Community & Technical Colleges
jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> / 360.704.4339

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."