[Wsssc] Opportunity Grant Program Guidelines 2023-24

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Tue Jul 11 15:27:00 PDT 2023

Hello and Happy Summer to you all,

Please find attached the updated Opportunity Grant Guidelines for the 2023-24 Academic Year, as well as the updated HHS Poverty Guidelines and Request/Return of Funds Form. I will be posting these on our website shortly and will be adding them to our canvas site as well.

Key Updates
Allocations
The General Op Grant allocations have been disbursed and are the same as the previous years so you will not see any changes in the total amounts, but the FTE targets have been adjusted to reflect the current tuition rates. All of the updated campus allocation information and FTE targets are in the program guidelines.

Op Grant Health Allocations
This funding was provided in a biennium model for a total of $12 million broken into $8 million for the FY23 and $4 million for FY24. Therefore you may see a significant reduction in your Op Grant Health allocation. We attempted to ensure that all campuses were given an amount that would be as close to the previous year as possible. This reduction is not a refection of program performance. We do not know if this funding will be continued past the 23-25 biennium at this point in time, if there are any changes or updates I will be sure to share them out as quickly as possible.

Program Approvals
In line with last year for any health program that you believe have not yet been included in the approved program inventory please reach out. Particularly if you have a BAS program, I want to ensure that we have an up to date list as these programs are continuing to be added on your campuses.

Funding Request and Returns
To be in line with other programs from Student Services, the request and refunds will be transiting to a quarterly model. My hope is to make this process more streamlined with other Student Services Programs for consistency and to ensure that we have better grasp on your needs throughout the year. The form is ready and available as a fillable PDF; if you have any difficulty with the form, please let me know.

Hope you all are having a wonderful July and wishing you a great rest of your summer!

[Compass]Yokiko Hayashi-Saguil
Pronouns:<https://www.mypronouns.org/sharing> She/Her/Hers
Policy Associate, Student Services
yhayashi-saguil at sbctc.edu<mailto:yhayashi-saguil at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4319 * f: 360-704-4418