[Wsssc] Commission Feedback for Pronoun Usage

Hayden, Ruby Ruby.Hayden at lwtech.edu
Fri Dec 8 09:01:05 PST 2023

Hello Commission Members,

As your Data Governance Committee (DGC) Representatives, Steve Ashpole and I are bringing you a proposal, Pronoun Usage (attached).

The problem this proposed solution solves is ensuring the ctcLink system utilizes pronouns in alignment with best practices suggested by organizations like the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network.

The attached proposal recommends five enhancement requests to ensure pronouns are used in support of an inclusive campus.

Please reply back to me your feedback by Friday, December 22nd, if any, and I will communicate it to the DGC.

If you are a liaison to one of our councils, please make sure you forward this message to that listserv.

Ruby.

Please note: My working hours may not match your working hours. Please prioritize work/life balance and only reply to this email during your working hours.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services  |  West 213C
11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  facebook.com/theLWTech
[A blue and white sign that says LWTech voted Best Trade/Technical School in the Northwest by Seattle Times Readers.   Also includes a round image on the left of the sign that says the same.]<http://www.lwtech.edu/>