[Wactclc-alma] [SPAM] RE: [EXTERNAL]Re: Films on Demand Issue

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Fri Dec 2 14:02:59 PST 2022

Thanks! I was hoping that was what you did.

The fix should be as simple as deleting all your Films On Demand records-- the portfolio records *and* the bib records-- from Alma and reloading everything from Infobase. I recommend that you delete the records and wait overnight before loading new records.  For some reason the process seems to work better if wait overnight before reloading everything.

One thing I did notice... when I choose the Display Source Record option, I can see that *some* of your Films On Demand records have a URL that looks like this:

   https://login.centralia.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.

Some of your records have a URL that looks like this:

   https://login.centralia.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?xtid=45488&wID=102873

You can see that some of your records are missing your customer ID number (the wID=) *and* the vendor ID number for the specific title (the xtid=)

Strangely, the title you shared as an example of the problem you're having has both the title ID number and your customer ID number in the 856 field of the bib record:
   https://login.centralia.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?xtid=210857&wID=102873

If you look at the portfolio record in Alma (not in OneSearch), what do you see under the Linking tab?

In our record, the URL Type is set as "Static URL" and the URL in the Static URL field matches the URL in the 856 field of the MARC record:
[cid:image003.png at 01D90654.C97F4140]

I'm guessing you've got something different in your portfolio record and that's what's causing the problem.

You'll want to check 2 things before you do a complete reload of the Infobase records into Alma:

1) Open the file of Infobase MARC records in MARCEdit and spot check a few records to confirm that the 856 MARC field had the title ID number and the customer ID number:

https://login.centralia.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?xtid=210857&wID=102873

You can also do a Find search in MARCEdit for " https://login.centralia.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?xtid="  if the number of records in the search results is less than the total number of records in the file, you should contact Infobase Support for help.

2) Check the import profile you use to import Films On Demand records to make sure it's copying the right URL into the portfolio records.

To look at the import profile, go to Resources > Import > Manage Import Profiles

Identify your Films On Demand import profile, click the button with the 3 dots, and select View.

Click the Inventory Information tab.

Confirm the " Extract access URL from field" has the following:
Field = 856
Subfield = u
Default value = blank/empty
unlabelled field to the right of the Default Value field = 42

[cid:image004.png at 01D90656.589B09D0]

If none of this makes sense, then it might be good to schedule a meeting with Carleigh to get some help and training. :)

Hope this helps!  I'll also email you a copy of our notes on handling Films On Demand records.  I don't know if they'll make any sense, but I figure it can't hurt. :)

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager & Systems Librarian
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.s.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu