[Wactclc-alma] Alma Job Questions

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Nov 17 17:07:47 PST 2021

Stirling,

I didn't see the question pop up on the listserv yet, so I'm reposting it along with my response.

Others on the list may have a different take, but here's mine...

The 'update holdings' job you are wondering about is described here:

Upload Electronic Holdings from ProQuest Ebook Central for Subscriptions/Owned/DDA - Ex Libris Knowledge Center (exlibrisgroup.com)<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/090Integrations_with_External_Systems/030Resource_Management/410Upload_Electronic_Holdings_from_ProQuest_Ebook_Central_for_Subscriptions%2F%2FOwned%2F%2FDDA>

That job is a direct Proquest-to-Alma process that someone at LWTech must have worked with ProQuest to set up.

The job pulls up to date holdings info directly from your ProQuest account, and activates / deactivates titles accordingly.

I don't think you can adjust the job to skip the titles that you are trying to manage as multi-resource type titles.

If you want to disable the job, go to Alma Admin / Integrations and set it to 'inactive'.

However, my recommendation would be to not do what you are currently doing, which is creating more work for you.

I would let the job do it's activation / deactivation thing, which makes life a lot easier. And just keep your physical titles on separate title records.

If you wanted the titles to deduplicate in Primo, you could make a copy of the title record from the CZ and use that as the basis for your physical title. That would ensure that the records match for deduplication purposes in Primo. But that's really something for your cataloger to decide about.

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>