[Wactclc-alma] Citation record duplication & linking problem

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Dec 6 18:26:52 PST 2021

We recently ran into a problem with an article in a JSTOR Open Access journal. The article seems to have duplicate CDI citation records. We're also having problems linking to the article from the different citation records in Primo.

Could we troubleshoot this on the Thursday (or even Tuesday) call?

Article info:
Title: The Political Economy of Hate Industry: Islamophobia in the Western Public Sphere
Author: Abubakar A. Bukar
Journal: Islamophobia Studies Journal, Vol. 5, No. 2 (Fall 2020), pp. 152-174

Article is available as full-text via Gale In Context: Global Issues, and Gale Academic OneFile (part of the statewide Gale package brokered by the Washington State Library), as well as (for free) from the JSTOR platform.

If you do an Everything search in Primo, you'll see 2 duplicate citation records:

The citation record Ex Libris got from Gale has this information-- check out the publication date and the pagination:

      Title: The Political Economy of Hate Industry: Islamophobia in the Western Public Sphere