[Wactclc-alma] CDI and Ebsco databases

Lesley Caldwell LCaldwell at pierce.ctc.edu
Wed Jul 15 15:49:11 PDT 2020

Hi Amy!

So I have two "answers",  but I use that term loosely. :)

First, I found this on a SUNY website and it quotes Ex Libris as saying not to activate alternative coverage databases:
"You do not need to keep alternative access databases active to make EBSCO content discoverable. Anything full-text, including EBSCO, will be searchable via the CDI metadata Index. However, if you would like to search your PCI "alternative coverage" databases in your expanded search, you can keep them active for search."

Second, I have EBSCO Business Source Complete set like you and it seems to be working in PCI. I tested with the &searchCDI=true for "SWOT Analysis" and found Business Source Complete records. Note that it's not Active for Search in CDI.

EBSCOhost Business Source Complete (EBSCOhost Business Source Complete)
Portfolio List (44967) Edit Collection
Collection ID: 61112282310002818
MMS ID: 992334474702818
Interface name: EBSCOhost
Linking Level: Article
Creation Date: 08/19/2019 10:01:41 PDT
Modification Date: 03/05/2020 19:34:41 PST
Type: Aggregator package
Services: Full Text (Available from: 06/01/2019)
In CDI: Yes
Active for Search in CDI: No
Search Rights in CDI: Free
Full Text Rights in CDI: Subscription (Linkresolver)
Full Text Linking in CDI: Linkresolver

For some reason I'm recalling conflicting info on whether we should still switch Active for Search in CDI to Yes.

-Lesley