[Wactclc-alma] Blocking loans when item already checked out

Traci Taylor ttaylor at btc.edu
Tue Oct 22 13:11:53 PDT 2019

Hi Charly,

One of our part-time staff ran in to a similar problem yesterday. Here is what happened.

“A student just came to check out a book that Alma said was already checked out to another patron.  I tried to check it back in first so we would know who’s account to clear of possible charges for an item that was still on the shelf.  When I tried it told me item was not checked out.  So I tried again to check it out to the student and had to override the “checked out to another patron” message that popped up.  Not sure what the problem is.”

Is this similar to what you experienced?

Thanks,
Traci