[Wactclc-alma] [EXT] A Way To Search Journal Title And Holdings Only

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Oct 9 14:06:42 PDT 2019

Welcome to WA state, Rhonda.

In Primo, if your institution has activated it, there is a journals search available in the top menu. (Doesn’t look like BBCC currently has the option activated. You should check with John, who I believe is currently maintaining Primo at BBCC.)

For example, if you look at the Green River Primo instance, you will see the link labeled as ‘Search Periodicals List’:

https://sbctc-greenriver.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/search?vid=01STATEWA_GREENRIV:GREENRIVER_V1&sortby=rank&lang=en

You can also just do a search for a journal title, and then use the faceting to filter down to journal resource type.

You can also do a similar journal titles search in Alma, by searching ‘electronic titles’, for example.

Note that search results through any of these paths are only as good as the electronic resource management happening at the institution. In other words, the collections need to be properly activated and maintained in Alma for content to be searchable.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>
509.760.4474