[Wactclc-alma] Restricting items to faculty-use only

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon May 20 13:49:29 PDT 2019

Charly,

You can either create a new Location code or a new Item Policy code and, in both cases, the location or item policy can be set as Temporary.  You can then create a specific TOU and Fulfillment Rule to use with your new location code/item policy.  Use Scan In Items to change either the Location or the Item Policy for the specific items that will need to be restricted to faculty-only.

Are the items restricted to faculty-only use going to be on the shelf together with other copies that anyone can check out?  If this is the case, then I’d recommend using the Item Policy instead of the location to control circulation.  If you use the location approach, you’ll end up with 2 completely separate holdings records in Alma and Primo.  The way this will display in Primo could potentially be confusing to your users.

Hope this makes sense.

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges