[Wactclc-alma] Kanopy DDA

Daniel Moore daniel.moore at email.edcc.edu
Mon Jun 3 15:41:38 PDT 2019

Hey Nicole,

We switched to the $2 option back in October and we love it. We only have a
few months worth of spending reports, but, we saved about $500 last fall
versus Fall 2017, and comparing Winter 2019 to Winter 2018 shows nearly a
50% reduction in costs, yet with more views. It's been fantastic.

Our Foundation makes deposits into our Kanopy account when it gets low.
We'll be due for another deposit after the end of summer.

We've only received one real complaint about Kanopy and that's about the
user accounts it forces patrons to sign up with. It's a headache but we
tell patrons that the Kanopy account is good for the public library's
access portal too.

Dan

--
Regards,