[Wactclc-alma] Kanopy DDA

Nicole Longpre nlongpre at bellevuecollege.edu
Mon Jun 3 14:55:57 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

I sent this out last week but I don't think that it sent properly.

We currently use Kanopy (and Swank) to buy individual titles. This is an expensive way to purchase films and we've recently learned about Kanopy's DDA option.
Do any of you use the Kanopy DDA option? If so, we have a couple of questions:
*            Has Kanopy PDA been successful for you?
*            How much money have you spent on the PDA program? We have terrible visions of spending way too much...
*            What complaints do you have about Kanopy PDA?
*            Is there anything else you would like to share?

Kanopy also offers a $2 per film option, but as users would need a Kanopy ID, we think this would be troublesome. That is why we are looking at the PDA option.

If you could reply off list, I would appreciate it greatly. Please let me know if I can answer any questions that you might have.

Thanks,
Nicole

Nicole Longpré (she/her)
Systems Librarian