[Wactclc-alma] Generate a Lost Item Bill

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Apr 22 15:00:25 PDT 2019

Charly,

I think you’ll have to create an “invoice” letter manually outside Alma.

Alma Online Help says that the Letters Purge with Retention job “deletes all enabled letters, if they were created more than the configured number of days ago.”
https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/050Administration/050Configuring_General_Alma_Functions/070Configuring_Alma_Letters#Setting_Letter_Retention_Periods

It doesn’t sound like you can get the letter back.

I wonder if manually marking the item Lost somehow short-circuited the process that would have generated a letter as part of the Overdue & Lost Loan job?  Or maybe you just have to wait a day for the Overdue & Lost Loan job to run so it will generate another letter?

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu<mailto:kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu>