[Wactclc-alma] Internal versus External Student Patron

George Babcock george.babcock at email.edcc.edu
Mon Aug 6 17:25:59 PDT 2018

Hi Tammy,

I think that internal patron accounts are not updated by the SMS loads.
So, yes, I think you will have toggle them back to external in order for
their records to be updated by the nightly loads.

To avoid toggling back and forth, you might just extend the expiration
dates and change their user group from student to community user.  That
way, when they do come back into the system, their expiration dates and
user group will be automatically updated.  I am thinking off the top of my
head and haven't tested this solution, but it might work...

George

--
George Babcock
Library Acquisitions