[Wactclc-alma] Internal versus External Student Patron

Tammy Siebenberg tsiebenberg at yvcc.edu
Mon Aug 6 13:42:16 PDT 2018

If you have an internal patron who is then loaded as an external patron with the same primary ID, is the internal patron record overwritten?

For example, a student enrolls fall quarter, but not winter.  During winter she wants to check out books, so we change her to an internal patron with community borrowing privileges (community user group) with the same primary ID.  If she then enrolls for spring quarter, does her new external SMS record overwrite the internal patron record?  Or do we have to manually change her to external and change her user group back to student?

Tammy

Tammy R. Siebenberg, MLIS
Director – Library & Media Services  ​
Yakima Valley College