[Wactclc-alma] Continuation of Loan Limits discussion

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Apr 17 13:22:02 PDT 2018

What Nina said…

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/030Fulfillment/080Configuring_Fulfillment/050Physical_Fulfillment#fulfillment.workbench_preferences.workbench_preferences

For overriding item limits, you might want to set to ‘override by manager’, if you don’t want just anyone (like workstudy students) overriding limits

  *   Block – The item is blocked and the patron cannot borrow the item.
  *   Override by Manager – The block on the item can be overridden only by a staff member with the Circulation Desk Manager role at the current circulation desk.
  *   Override by Operator – The block on the item can be overridden only by a staff member with the Circulation Desk Manager or Circulation Desk Operator role at the current circulation desk.
  *   Override by All – The block on the item can be overridden by any staff member with either the Circulation Desk Manager, Circulation Desk Operator, or Circulation Desk Operator–Limited role at the current circulation desk.
  *   Override in Another Institution - This option may be used by Fulfillment Network members to configure whether the block may be overridden by staff in another institution if the block happens when the member’s item is being loaned at the circulation desk of another member institution.
  *   Handle Automatically – Specific actions are to be performed by Alma. These actions are specified in the Handler field, and are predefined by Ex Libris. Handler options can be configured only if you select Handle Automatically or one of the Override by options.