[Wactclc-alma] Alma invoicing and use/sales tax

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Jun 27 07:33:41 PDT 2017

Kirsti,

Here's a response from Justine on these questions.

Note particularly her response to handling taxes that aren't included on the invoice.

Hi Wade,
We could cover this in a weekly call, if the sites would like.

I would recommend this fairly comprehensive training session (~36 minutes long) on invoicing and tax: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Training/Extended_Training/Managing_Funds_and_Payments/MF-03__Invoicing_and_Tax

The handout is here: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/@api/deki/files/25207/Invoicing_and_Tax.pptx

For the situation when you are liable for taxes but taxes aren't included on the invoice, I think you want to use a governmental vendor - does this cover what you're talking about? https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/Alma_Online_Help_(English)/Acquisitions/090Acquisitions_Infrastructure/010Managing_Vendors#Adding_a_Vendor_and_Vendor_Account

*         Governmental - If a governmental vendor is associated with the institution, and the vendor is defined as liable for VAT (liable for use tax), and an invoice is set to report (use) tax, then, when the invoice is created, Alma automatically generates a separate invoice for the use tax.

*         A governmental vendor's invoices handle only use tax on invoices, ensuring that tax payments are handled separately from the regular invoice charges and go directly to the government.

*         A governmental vendor cannot be selected when configuring a vendor for the PO line or invoice; it is used only for handling use tax invoices.

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu>

Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299