[Wactclc-alma] Interesting Lost Fee issue we discovered today

Xinhang Hu xhu at bellevuecollege.edu
Tue Jan 10 13:53:41 PST 2017

Here at Bellevue, when a student pays for a lost item. Instead of checking it in, we go to Actions-->Delete Loan. This takes the item off the student’s record and changes the item status to “Missing”. There is no credit issued to the student.

As for your situation, the only solution I could think of and tested was adding $45 fine/fee to the student’s account using the Add Fine or Fee tab. After the fee is added, the credit is cancelled out and you will get a $0 balance.

Xinhang

“The library is the temple of learning, and learning has liberated more people than all the wars in history.”- Carl Thomas Rowan
? xhu at bellevuecollege.edu<mailto:xhu at bellevuecollege.edu> •425 564-2251 | 7 425 564-6186|• 3000 Landerholm Circle, SE, Mail Stop D260, Bellevue, WA 98007