[Wactclc-alma] Interesting Lost Fee issue we discovered today

Dale Burke dburke at email.edcc.edu
Tue Jan 10 12:24:14 PST 2017

Happy New Year everyone,

We discovered something new today that we have not encountered before.

A student checked out a book and lost it.  He was assessed a lost book fee
($45) and he paid it.  Everything was recorded correctly in Alma so far.

We have a policy of taking a lost item off a student's record once it is
paid for.  What we usually do is check the book in and then withdraw it;
however, when we checked the book in after the payment was made, a $45
credit was issued to the students account.  Alma now shows a -$45 on their
record.  I can't seem to find a way to remove the credit balance from the
student's account.

Have any of your circulation staff encountered this.  If so, how have you
dealt with this situation.

Thanks!
Dale Burke
Technical Services Librarian