[Wactclc-alma] Notice when "Lost" Item is Returned

Dale Burke dburke at email.edcc.edu
Thu Feb 23 14:31:38 PST 2017

Comments and Questions.

At Edmonds Alma is set to provide a "red" notice on the screen when a lost
book is returned.  The notice lets us know that the book is going back to
"available" and the replacement cost has been forgiven.  We also initially
coded a processing fee for lost books, but discovered that the processing
fee was not being forgiven so we did away with processing fees, which Alma
calls "Lost Item Fine".  The Alma part is working mostly; however, we are
not receiving anything like to Voyager Exceptions report which would alert
us to students who had returned lost items so we could check to see if they
were blocked at registration and then remove the block.

We are working on developing an Analytics report that we can run regularly
that will tell us who returned "lost" books during the previous day or week
so we can take care of the registration blocks.

George will add more to this is I have forgotten something.

Dale Burke
Technical Services Librarian

20000 68th Ave. W
Lynnwood, WA  98036