[Wactclc-alma] Notice when "Lost" Item is Returned

Lesley Caldwell LCaldwell at pierce.ctc.edu
Thu Feb 23 14:14:29 PST 2017

Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed that when a "Lost" item is returned in Alma (Manage Item Returns page) there is no notice on the screen?

We're having an issue where a student returned a "Lost" book, but didn't inform the staff. Unfortunately, the student ended up in collections and has now notified our staff of the error.

So, my first question is, is there some notice that was missed on the screen when the "Lost" item was scanned in? If not, how are you all combatting this issue? Running a regular report and spot-checking?

We wanted to reach out and see what other colleges were doing about this.

Thanks!
Lesley

Lesley Caldwell

Systems and Instruction Librarian