[Wactclc-alma] Damaged items which are returned

Nadine Pavlov NPavlov at greenriver.edu
Mon Dec 11 16:00:04 PST 2017

Here is what we do:

1.       When a damaged item is returned, we create a work order "Damaged Items" with the status "Tech Services", and with a  note "damage description and patron info". Print out a slip and give it to the tech services.

2.       Our acquisition librarian decides what to do with this item. If it needs to be replaced /discard,

a.       She proceeds with the replacement procedure (which I don't know :) )

b.      And she gives the damaged item back to circ.

3.       We add the fines to a patron and we keep the damage item in the "damage bin" for 12 month (in case a patron wants to discuss it)

4.       And in Alma, for the Work Order, we change the status to "Damage Bin". So we know where the item is and what is going on with it.

5.       As soon as fine is paid off or after the 365 days - we just withdraw and discard the item. Note: by this time the replacement, if any, has been done.
It is of course not the best way to do... we have set up this process during the Alma implementation. I would love to hear what you are doing.
Thanks,
Nadine

Nadine Pavlov
Circulation Supervisor