[Wactclc-alma] Damaged items which are returned

Lynn Robinson LRobinson at btc.edu
Tue Dec 5 14:29:56 PST 2017

Hi Dale,

About ten minutes before your mail, we created a new location of Damaged. The reason is that we want to use it for expensive equipment that is damaged but we don’t want to withdraw the item and not have any history on it. I want to put a note in there that indicates: “Our Computer Services Department is keeping this item for parts because it is toast.” So, under one bib there will be two locations: the regular one and the damaged one.

The other idea was to create a Work Order with a Process type called Damaged.

I also would be interested in others’ solutions to this scenario.

Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn Robinson
Acquisitions & Cataloging | Library