[Factc] Fw: Running Start Summer 2021 Pilot Program

Bill Moore bmoore at sbctc.edu
Tue Sep 22 11:44:22 PDT 2020

FYI--your RS coordinators and instructional administrators are getting this notice as well so this is just a head's up that this process is happening. Contact Jamie if you have any specific questions about the pilot program and the application process...

Take care!
Bill

Bill Moore, Ph.D. (he/his)
Director, K-12 Partnerships & Bridge to College
State Board for Community & Technical Colleges
360-704-4346 (office)            360-528-1809 (cell)

COVID-19 REMOTE LEARNING RESOURCES – AVAILABLE HERE<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/student-success-center/remote-learning-resources.aspx>

Hello All,

In partnership with OSPI, we are now accepting Letters of Interest to participate in the Running Start 2021 summer pilot program (HB 2864<https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=2864&Year=2019>). The three selected colleges will collaborate with their partner districts to offer Running Start courses (limited to 5 credits per summer) to incoming 11th and 12th grade students in Summer 2021 and Summer 2022. Additionally, seniors who are one class short of receiving their AA may take 5 credits. Please note that the legislation mandates the maximum participation of three colleges, as well as, one community college that is located east of the crest of the Cascade mountains and another located in a county with a population between one hundred fifteen thousand and one hundred fifty thousand.

The LOI outline and requirements are attached. We can only accept a maximum of three colleges so we encourage you to get your materials in by the priority deadline of October 27, 2020. However we will continue to take materials through November 6, 2020. For questions or concerns please contact me at jtraugott at sbctc.edu<mailto:jtraugott at sbctc.edu>. Thank you!

[Compass]Jamie Traugott
Policy Associate, Student Services

jtraugott at sbctc.edu<mailto:jtraugott at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-3929 • f: 360-704-4418

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>