[Factc] SBCTC Updates from Fall 2019 FACTC Meeting

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Tue Oct 15 13:11:13 PDT 2019

Hello, my dear FACTC friends!

I so enjoyed our time together on Thursday and Friday at Shoreline. Thanks so much to our fantastic leader Terry Taylor, for his superior organizational leadership.

Attached is the slide deck I presented, along with the Guided Pathways handouts we discussed at the meeting. I will be typing up your feedback and sending it to Kristi Wellington Baker.

There are two action items for you, our wonderful FACTC members:

  1.  Math Landscape Analysis: Please be sure your institution has signed up for the math landscape analysis with Dr. Laura Schueller. We want (and need!) to understand what's happening across the state with math acceleration and pedagogy. The best person to check with is your VPI. If they would like more information, there is information attached.
     *   To sign up, please e-mail Dr. Scheuller directly at lschueller at sbctc.edu
  2.  Faculty Survey: Take the "Faculty Understanding of and Role in Guided Pathways" survey. This is for you to take individually and to forward to as many of your faculty members as possible. Thanks to those of you who have already filled it out!
     *   Faculty Engagement Survey: http://bit.ly/2odbDJM

Thanks again for a wonderful meeting. I can't wait until we all see each other again in February at South Puget Sound on the 13th & 14th of February!

Peace,

Jen