[Factc] System vision statement and draft strategic plan

Bill Moore bmoore at sbctc.edu
Fri Oct 4 11:07:29 PDT 2019

As you may or may not know already, Jan Yoshiwara, the SBCTC Executive Director, will be joining you at your fall meeting to discuss the attached documents, so Jen and I thought it would be helpful for you all to review them in advance of the conversation. Jan has asked the agency staff liaisons to various system groups to 1) share and get reactions to the system vision statement recently approved by the Board, and 2) gather feedback on a draft system strategic plan that will serve to guide our system's efforts related to the system's vision statement.

Here are some framing questions to help focus your reflections on these documents in preparing for the discussion with Jan:

  *   Are the goals, strategies and metrics clearly defined and understandable?
  *   How well are the goals, strategies and metrics connected: is it clear how the strategies address the goals?
  *   Are the metrics appropriate for the goals and strategies defined?
  *   What are your general reactions to the system vision statement?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or Jen. Take care!

Bill
P.S. I'll be traveling and won't be able to join you in person next week but Jen will ably represent ATL as always:) and give me a full report the following week. Hope the meeting goes well!

[Compass]William S. Moore, Ph.D.
Director, K-12 Partnerships
Pronouns: he/him/his
bmoore at sbctc.edu<mailto:bmoore at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4346 * c: 360-528-1809
http://bridgetocollegecourses.org/
[cid:9e6f89e8-7582-4ed1-9b76-e0cac3a71ab2]