[Factc] Legislative Update

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Mon Jan 30 15:18:09 PST 2017

My dear FACTC Friends,

Attached is the legislative hearing schedule for this week.

To contextualize what is happening this week, as well as what happened last week, you might check out SBCTC’s legislative news.

Our fabulous public information office creates really amazing summaries that are written with our stake-holders in mind—I recommend them (both the updates and our staff) highly!

Corrections Education, Customized Training Program Bills Earn Approval<http://www.sbctc.edu/blogs/legislative-news/2017/january/corrections-ed-ctp-earn-approval.aspx>
System Bills Heard in Committee as Legislature Wraps Up Second Week<http://www.sbctc.edu/blogs/legislative-news/2017/january/system-bills-heard-in-committee-as-legislature-wraps-up-second-week.aspx>
How Fast Time Flies<http://www.sbctc.edu/blogs/legislative-news/2017/january/how-fast-time-flies.aspx> (written by one of our student legislative interns!)

As usual, Arlen Harris, our fantastic and brilliant legislative director, is happy to answer any questions (aharris at sbctc.edu<mailto:aharris at sbctc.edu>)

I hope you are all well (this flu bug is terrible, isn’t it?) and I am looking forward to our shared time in Olympia!

Peace,

Jen