[Etag] Follow-Up and Next Steps from Today's Meeting with Instructure

Carolyn Lyons carolyn.lyons at instructure.com
Fri Mar 22 10:19:53 PDT 2024

Hi Michael,

Hope you had a nice week! I wanted to check ahead of our visit to WACC next week. Were you able to confirm a time for a meeting with ETAG to discuss the renewal priorities you sent over? If possible, it would be great to get a list of those who plan to attend ahead. Please let me know if we can provide anything in anticipation of meeting.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Best,
Carolyn

—
Carolyn Lyons | Customer Success Manager
E: carolyn.lyons at instructure.com
P: 435-538-3550

Thank you for sending over this information and for the productive conversation on Wednesday. We will take some time over the next week to review the document you attached and plan to discuss more in depth when we meet at WACC. Katie and I are planning to help facilitate the Instructure Discussions Redesign session on Wednesday 3/27 at 12:45pm, but otherwise have flexibility. Please keep us posted!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Best,

Carolyn

—

Carolyn Lyons | Customer Success Manager

E: carolyn.lyons at instructure.com

P: 435-538-3550

> On March 13, 2024 at 5:22 PM MDT mbrown at sbctc.edu wrote:

> Greetings All,

> I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to Carolyn, Katie, and Karen for your time> and insightful discussions this morning. The collaborative spirit we share is a cornerstone of our negotiations, and I am eager to continue our dialogue as we work towards mutual goals.

> Enclosed with this message, you will find a copy of the performance priorities document,> a collective effort with contributions from the Washington State system of CTCs' Educational Technology Advisory Group. This document outlines our key performance priorities, which we aim to discuss and address together with Instructure. These priorities represent> a strategic endeavor to ensure our partnership robustly supports the diverse needs of our educational community, using benchmarks as tools for ongoing, constructive communication.

> In our meeting, we also touched upon concerns raised by colleges within the WA CTC system> and from four-year institutions that leverage the SBCTC contract for their renewal processes. These concerns centered around the proposed 10% increase in cost per FTE, highlighting apprehensions regarding fiscal sustainability. I am grateful for Instructure's> openness to revisiting these figures with the relevant decision-makers within their organization. For reference, I have attached the initial proposed contract.

> Looking ahead, with Carolyn and Katie's attendance at WACC later this month, it presents> a prime opportunity to delve deeper into our performance priorities. I am also considering a hybrid meeting format to ensure inclusive participation from ETAG members who cannot attend in person.>Should we opt for a hybrid meeting, I suggest scheduling it during the social hour on the first day of the conference to minimize conflicts with session attendance. I've included a link>to the latest WACC agenda for your convenience. To organize this effectively, I will require a headcount of in-person versus remote participants. This will assist us in arranging the necessary logistics to accommodate our meeting.>A separate survey will be sent to all system-wide stakeholders to collect this information, along> with a response deadline.

> I believe this summarizes our discussions from this morning. However, Carolyn, Katie,> and Karen, please feel free to mention anything I might have overlooked.

> Dr. Hammer, your inclusion in this correspondence is to ensure you are fully informed of our ongoing negotiation> process with Instructure and their representatives.

> Respectfully,

> Michael A. Brown, Ph.D.

> Pronouns: he, him, Beloved

> Director of Educational Resources & Innovation

> Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges

> mbrown at sbctc.edu

> [...]
--- end of original message ---