[DEOC] FREE NASPA EVENT NEXT WEEK: Well-being in Higher Education: Raising Literacy and Advancing the Conversation

Sophia Agtarap sagtarap at sbctc.edu
Tue Feb 20 08:34:55 PST 2024

Good people!

NASPA, which many of you know is the professional home for the field of student affairs in higher education, is hosting, “Well-being in Higher Education: Raising Literacy and Advancing the Conversation.”

This is a free, virtual event<https://www.naspa.org/events/well-beinginhighered#Schedule> taking place February 26 - March 1, 2024. Over 20 associations are collaborating with a goal to raise the literacy for well-being among higher education professionals and to advance conversation among colleagues on and across campuses. You don't have to be a member to register for this week of professional development.

I'll be speaking on a panel on Wednesday, February 28 at 9am Pacific/12 Noon, on the topic, Systems Change: Wellbeing, Sustainability & Justice, and there are sooooooo many, many sessions that could be helpful as we think about the supports and leadership that we provide across the system at the intersections of justice, antiracism, climate change, public health, emotional intelligence, and fostering wellbeing in the workplace.

Feel free to share this opportunity with your people at your institutions.

peace,
sophia

[Compass]
  Sophia Kristina R. Agtarap (she/siya)

  Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

[cid:3ed9b30e-feed-438d-a7ae-5bc7c5137961]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>