[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] AYRO questions from FAST

Ana Ybarra aybarra at sbctc.edu
Thu Nov 16 16:23:09 PST 2023

Good afternoon - wanted to be sure we sent these responses before I head out on vacation. Please see below and FAST members, please add to the FAST notes and forward to anyone I forgot on the FAST team -

AYRO for FAST and State Board:

  *   With the understanding that there is not much we can do in the system for AYRO before 1/16/23 (or so), what are the recommendations for the parts that we can update based on the FAFSA unknowns?

This will be addressed with AYRO Part 1 which will be released to colleges on December 1st.

  *   Do we have a timeframe for when the Comment Code crosswalk will be addressed so we can start changing/adding new checklists and fixing queries?

We did not offer a timeline, I shared in Fall FAC and in the last FAST meeting that we are working on these items in November and when we get the PRP released to us in December, which based on today’s Coffee Break, now looks like potentially late December.

A team is reviewing all the existing ISIR checklist queries and planning out what queries need to be fixed. Another team will be reviewing any new checklists that need to be created as well as queries.

  *   The Award Offer and College Financing Plan Templates will need to have the EFC and COA data sources updated as well as terminology.

This is being reviewed.

  *   Global FSEOG PKG equations need updating and what will be the new (SAI) criteria for our neediest students? Would it be easier to create a global FSEOG packaging equation, and should this be forwarded to FAC to agree upon how to define, as a system, “neediest student” for FSEOG (i.e. -1500 to 0 SAI or eligible for Max Pell on ISIR)?

Going to break this into three / four parts - part 1 - FSEOG equations are included in our project work for updating equations in relation to FAFSA Simplification

Part 2 - SAI criteria for neediest students is a college decision on how each want to move the goal post -

Part 3 and 4 - yes likely would be easier for a global equation but FAC should agree on the global criteria.

  *   How will state Packaging Equations be handled with the new Enrollment Intensity?

Enrollment intensity is another variable that Oracle is delivering and what we are going to be looking at as part of our project work for all things Simplification - This is being reviewed. Please see WSAC email sent today at 11:45.

  *   Work Study: Since it is no longer on FAFSA, how do we know when to offer it and at what amounts? Specifically, for schools that want to make offers to ALL applicants, can packaging equations be updated to allow for this?

Colleges will need to decide how they communicate this to students - and my answer to the 2nd part of this question is no not at this time - that approach would be based on college decision and we don’t have time / effort estimates on when we would get to this with all other more pressing global issues we have to address

FAC should agree on the global criteria.

  *   For any new C-Flags, will SBCTC create global checklists and corresponding queries? Examples include new flags for foreign income exemptions SAR CC 040, 076, 096 and 127.

See above re crosswalk - Repeat of bullet-point two??

  *   Easiest way for schools to audit their own queries that need to be updated? Is it possible to go into metalink and query on our own names/email in the properties, since we all generally update those? Anything with an EFC field will need to be updated? ISIR table as well as STDNT_AID_ATRBT

A team is reviewing the global queries that may need to be modified by FA Customer Support, and we will share out the global list. Anything not on the list, colleges are responsible for.

  *   List of elements we will need to review for new changes: Event definitions, Job sets, Run Controls, etc.

Be sure to refer to the NASFAA Simplification checklist but in addition, this will be addressed during AYRO Part 1 and Part 2.

  *   For those of us that use SQL, how will the ODS data copy overs be affected by new/missing fields? When will we be able to see the updated tables that are copied over into our databases? Will schools be notified of these changes?

Not sure what ODS is? ODS = Operational Data Store.  This is a term used for the college’s local dataLink database.

Here is the answer we received from Carmen and Ed Lusby about this question -

“The main dataLink database is near-real time, so any new records will show up almost immediately.  The colleges download this data to their local ODS on a schedule that the college determines.  As far as when will new data show up in our local dataLink, that’s a college IT question.

For the question related to any new fields that are added in ctcLink, the main dataLink database will be updated automatically to reflect these changes.

For the question related to any new tables that are added in ctcLink, we just need a request to add the new table to replication. It typically takes about 24-48 hours to get it added. If you become aware of new tables that are being added by Oracle, just let us know and we can get them added as soon as they become available in Production.”

Once FA Support has a list of those tables we will let Carmen’s team know and they’ll get added.

Hope that answered all of these questions - have a great Thanksgiving break everyone 😉

Peace be with you,

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Ana Ybarra, MA
Associate Director Campus Solutions - Financial Aid
• o: 360-704-1024