[Wsssc] Financial Aid Updates

Jamie Traugott jtraugott at sbctc.edu
Tue Jul 2 13:05:03 PDT 2024

Hello WSSSC-just wanted to share a couple of updates that are currently in the works with WSAC-

  1.  WSAC - Washington College Grant (WCG) and College Bound Scholarship (CBS) Eligibility Checker

  *   Delivery Date: July 2, as per an email from WSAC to the colleges on Thursday, June 27.

  1.  WSAC - WASFA Uploading Capability

  *   Status: We have been in correspondence with WSAC regarding the delivery of the WASFA applications since mid-April. WSAC responded on June 24 to our request, informing us of the necessary technical requirements for integration with ctcLink. They indicated that the upload capability would be available for colleges to utilize sometime in July. Notably, WSAC is working with a third-party technical team, and much of the communication is between our team, the WSAC team, and their technical vendor, Regent. Today, I sent an email to WSAC emphasizing the need for a specified timeline to best support the colleges. The email is attached for your reference. If we do not receive a response in a timely manner, it would be beneficial to reach out to Mike to see if we can get additional attention to this matter.
  *   Delivery Date: Currently unknown.

  1.  SBCTC - WCG Formula and FTI Tags

  *   Delivery Date: Expected to be deployed into production the morning of July 12.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01DACC80.72023B40]Jamie Traugott
Director of Student Services and K12 Alignment
jtraugott at sbctc.edu<mailto:jtraugott at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-3929
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> * Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/> *
LinkedIn: @washington-state-board-for-community-and-technical-colleges<https://www.linkedin.com/company/washington-state-board-for-community-and-technical-colleges>