[Wsssc] Summer Joint Meeting & SSEH/ SEAG webinar recording

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Thu May 4 14:37:46 PDT 2023

Dear WSSSC Colleagues,

(Action Requested) Please complete this survey<https://forms.gle/phU61cBoe2bSn1Ht6> for the summer joint IC/WSSSC meeting.

Today's SSEH and SEAG 25min recorded webinar is available here<https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/aH_evZS5vrqwE1lz8iOmkw7oUZveDkotjRIq5SxoYbw_vHRi-z_aZ97rj5IGmH37.8tE9Wc95CrZ9x_dv?startTime=1683212552000> (Passcode: 5?53H*n+). The main points from the webinar are shared below.

SSEH

  *   Funding remains the same through FY24
     *   Current funding levels $108,000 per college
     *   27 of the 34 CTCs participated in FY23, therefore additional funding was available
     *   Only current SSEH colleges are able to apply
     *   Opportunity to engage upfront interested colleges to help prepare them for implementation in FY25
  *   New Funding Effective FY25 - $108,000 per college
     *   Opportunity for all CTCs to apply again
     *   If we have less than the 34 CTCs apply, we can provide additional funding out to the system
     *   Annual reporting requirement
        *   We are currently transitioning away from heavy manual reporting and moving towards collecting data through already developed tools
  *   Not required/optional participation

SEAG

  *   Continued funding at current levels
  *   $4,000,000 per year for $8,000,000 total biennium
  *   Program is available ongoing, however, funding levels are determined by the legislature each biennium
  *   27 of the 34 CTCs participated in SEAG
  *   Not required/optional participation

Basic Needs Act, HB 1559

  *   Presidents are communicating and discussing preferences; allocation not determined yet
  *   Bills has not been signed into law
  *   Continued research and understanding of bill intent over the next several weeks.
  *   SBCTC is committed to keeping this simple and not creating unnecessary policies or administrative work
  *   What we do know:
     *   Funded at a biennium total of $5,236,000
     *   3 elements of the bill
        *   Navigators (as currently written, $48k salary/benefits for .75FTE)
        *   Reporting
        *   Food/meal pilot (4 CTC's, 2 on each side of the mountain)

[Compass]
Lauren Hibbs, Ed.D
lhibbs at sbctc.edu* o: 360-704-4334 *

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."