[Wsssc] SBCTC WSSSC Updates

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Mon May 1 17:07:41 PDT 2023

Dear WSSSC Colleagues,

I am writing to share some important updates with you all, many of which are occurring this week.

  *   The WEIA Survey launched today. A PDF of the survey has been sent to you, so you can review the questions before completing it. Please note that it is due on August 1st. Carli has requested that the VPI serves as the point person for their college to submit one response for the institution. Laura McDowell, the Director of Communications at SBCTC has included a quick survey at the end of this email update. This survey seeks quick feedback on the SBCTC strategic plan refresh that is currently underway. Please note that this is an optional survey and not a requirement.

  *   A survey will be sent out shortly to gather your preferences on a joint summer meeting. While we are unsure whether DEOC will be able to join, we will connect with their representative. Please see an eye out for this survey soon.

  *   You may have heard from your VPI that CWU submitted notice of intent to offer an AA degree. Our Executive Director will send out a letter this afternoon concerning CWU offering AA degrees. We will update you on the response.

  *   This Wednesday is the Dual Credit Leg overview</us02web.zoom.us/j/88273976862?pwd=N0lRVkdvY2Q1TTlYVVJDcnB0dFRlUT09> with Jamie Traugott at 1pm, and this Thursday at 8am we will have a special hot topics session with Jennifer Dellinger to review SEAG and SSEH<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87127562927?pwd=bUNSOTQveWxiaUU0NmxzVWh6RENPdz09&from=addon>. We hope that you will be able to join us!

  *   The search for the next Deputy Executive Director for Education will be interviewing finalists this Thursday. We have two very strong candidates! We should know the results by next Friday.

  *   On May 25th, there will be a joint WSSSC/IC meeting on artificial intelligence. We are in the process of finalizing the agenda and will send it out to you soon. If you are interested in co-leading the session, please let me know, we need a WSSSC co-facilitator!

Whew, that was a lot. Thank you for sticking with me and have a great day.

Best regards,

[Compass]
Lauren Hibbs, Ed.D
lhibbs at sbctc.edu* o: 360-704-4334 *

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."