[Wsssc] Important Running Start ESSER Information

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Wed Mar 29 11:16:58 PDT 2023

WSSSC,

FYI

From: Jamie Traugott
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 10:27 AM
Cc: Brandon Reed <breed at sbctc.edu<mailto:breed at sbctc.edu>>; Roma Bert <rbert at sbctc.edu<mailto:rbert at sbctc.edu>>
Subject: Important Running Start ESSER Information-Time Sensitive!

Hello RS ESSER Colleges,
Please read this email carefully for important time sensitive information related to your current 2022-2023 RS ESSER funds:

  1.  Attached is detailed guidance on student eligibility for the use of summer 2023 RS ESSER funds. Please continue to refer to the program and fiscal guidelines<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/grants/running-start-esser> as well. All questions can be directed to Jamie Traugott jtraugott at sbctc.edu<mailto:jtraugott at sbctc.edu>

     *   What is still coming?
        *   An official bulletin from OSPI about summer ESSER funding for high schools
           *   Information in this bulletin will mirror what I have and am providing you in the attached document.
        *   A summer form that can be accessed electronically or printed off for counselors to indicate summer courses needed for credit recovery (I have sent a form off to OSPI for approval).
        *   Updated QRG from ctcLink team and scheduled training sessions for April
        *   More Q&A sessions in April and May for policy and program questions for both ctcs and high schools

  1.  Below is the ESSER funding survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V53B29P> we are requesting you complete by Monday, April 10 at 5pm. SBCTC is working closely with OSPI to determine what remaining funds are available to pursue an additional contract for 2023-2024. We need your help by estimating how much funding you intend to spend for the spring and summer 2023. Your answers should be specific and thorough as possible. We understand that these are only estimates and it can be challenging to determine anticipated spending with a grant as new as ESSER. Please use the below guidance when considering your expenditures-

  *   How many RS students are enrolled in your prof tech programs and classes.
  *   Are there additional equipment and/or kits associated to prof tech programs you still need to purchase.
  *   How many students did you enroll for summer 2022?
  *   How many students failed or withdrew from a course in fall and winter and may need to take a course in the summer for credit recovery?

The more information we have, the faster we can proceed with a new contract. We will also take into consideration your current billing status and your remaining balance of ESSER funds.

ESSER RS Funding Survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V53B29P

Thank you for your time and please reach out with any questions you may have

[cid:image003.png at 01D96228.F40A9B50]