[Wsssc] Outreach from Career Connect Washington staff

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Thu Feb 23 09:42:02 PST 2023

From: Paul Francis <pfrancis at sbctc.edu<mailto:pfrancis at sbctc.edu>>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 8:21 AM
To: Presidents Closed Listserve (pres-c at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:pres-c at lists.ctc.edu>) <pres-c at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:pres-c at lists.ctc.edu>>
Cc: Carli Schiffner <cschiffner at sbctc.edu<mailto:cschiffner at sbctc.edu>>; Marie Bruin <mbruin at sbctc.edu<mailto:mbruin at sbctc.edu>>; Genevieve Howard <ghoward at sbctc.edu<mailto:ghoward at sbctc.edu>>; Arlen Harris <aharris at sbctc.edu<mailto:aharris at sbctc.edu>>; Laura McDowell <lmcdowell at sbctc.edu<mailto:lmcdowell at sbctc.edu>>; Julie Walter <jwalter at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwalter at sbctc.edu>>; Jonathan Moore <jmoore at sbctc.edu<mailto:jmoore at sbctc.edu>>
Subject: Outreach from Career Connect Washington staff

Good Morning Presidents and Chancellors -

For the past five years, Career Connect Washington<https://careerconnectwa.org/> (CCW), an initiative led by Governor Inslee, has worked to provide awareness and pathways about academic opportunities at different educational levels alongside business and industry partners. The main intersection for higher education institutions and Career Connect Washington is through the Career Launch component of the program that is managed by the SBCTC.

Our programs can become Career Launch endorsed through an endorsement process<https://www.sbctc.edu/career-launch/career-launch-endorsement-review>. This endorsement allows for the endorsed programs to access dedicated equipment funding and FTE funding directly related to the program. Many of our college programs have received this endorsement and subsequent funding. We are proud of our system's contribution to the success of Career Connect Washington.

Leadership at Career Connect Washington is interested in knowing more about colleges' experience with the initiative and how they advance this work. You may be contacted by CCW Executive Leader Maud Daudon or Andy Ferrara to ask about how your college's experience has been with Career Connect Washington. We are happy to join you in the meeting and have asked that the slate of questions they will ask to be made available ahead of the meeting.

The State Board remains committed to stabilizing the broad array of professional technical programming that helps to meet local persistent educational opportunity gaps and the talent needs of employers. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or Genevieve Howard, policy associate for Workforce Education at ghoward at sbctc.edu<mailto:ghoward at sbctc.edu>. Thank you.

Paul

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Paul Francis
Executive Director
pfrancis at sbctc.edu<mailto:pfrancis at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4355  * c: 206-303-9216

SBCTC Vision - "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."