[Wsssc] FW: OFM Legislative Request: Student Health Access Survey

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Thu Nov 10 09:19:38 PST 2022

WSSSC: see below for a message from OFM and a link to a survey on student access to health care. The survey is at the second link, below. They are asking colleges to complete it by November 23. Thanks for your attention to this.   Joe

The Legislature has directed the Office of Financial Management "to conduct a comprehensive study on student access to health care, including behavioral health care, at Washington's public institutions of higher education."  You can read the proviso language here:

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/Session%20Laws/Senate/5693-S.SL.pdf

The study is described in section (20), which begins on page 160 line 3 and continues to line 27 on page 161.

OFM has developed a survey to collect the information we need to carry out the Legislature's request.  Many of you assisted in creating the survey and we thank you again for your help.  We adopted as many suggestions as were feasible and the survey is much stronger thanks to your input.  Note that the focus is on what care is available at the campus, not commercially.

The survey was created in Microsoft Forms.  Unfortunately it is not possible to complete part of the survey and finish it another time.  For your reference, we've attached a file called "Printed survey questions 202211" that includes the survey questions. Some of the questions did not print completely; this seems to be a feature of MS Forms.  You may want to review the printed version to see what information you'll need to gather before starting the survey.

The survey requests only institutional-level data.  No individual-level data will be collected.  The Washington State Institutional Review Board (WSIRB) concluded that the survey is not considered research involving human subjects and so is exempt from further review by the WSIRB.

Many of the questions do not apply to all campuses.  When you take the survey, some questions will only appear if they are relevant to your campus, so the pdf likely has more questions than you will actually see.

You will have a chance to complete another survey after January 1, 2023, so that we can present a full academic year of data to the Legislature.

Here is the link to the survey:
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=F-LQEU4mCkCLoFfcwSfXLXx-6CvW-PVMuWQEmZuyVR1UOTRTMEQ2S1RPRkZURUJUMllYWEZXRjZYOC4u

Please complete the survey by November 23, 2022.  This will help us move forward as we seek to inform the Legislature about students' needs and challenges.  Your response to the survey is a crucial element of what we hope will be a continuing focus on an important, but often overlooked, aspect of student success.

If you have questions about completing the survey, please contact Dan Bolton (dan.bolton at ofm.wa.gov<mailto:dan.bolton at ofm.wa.gov>) or Mandy Stahre (mandy.stahre at ofm.wa.gov<mailto:mandy.stahre at ofm.wa.gov>) at OFM.

Thank you again for your participation.