[Wsssc] Ad hoc DGC workgroups need YOU! — Continuing Education | Course Modality/Instruction Mode| EMPLID Best Practices — Deadline Nov. 11, 2022

Hayden, Ruby Ruby.Hayden at lwtech.edu
Tue Nov 1 16:52:30 PDT 2022

Good afternoon, colleagues:

Have I told you lately how much I need you? Well, it’s truer than ever!

The Data Governance Committee<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/dgc/> (DGC), part of the Research and Planning Commission (RPC), is creating three ad hoc workgroups to consider data and coding matters, document best practices, and develop recommendations to present to DGC for its review/approval.

Each workgroup seeks subject matter experts and data users systemwide with cross-functional representation in these three topic areas:

  1.  Continuing Education
  2.  Course Modality/Instruction Mode
  3.  Best Practices for Handling EMPLID

The workgroups will convene in December 2022 and meet virtually approximately two hours per month; disbanding when their work is complete (estimated March/April 2023).

How Can You Help? Easy as 1-2-3

  1.  Read below to decide if you have interest in any of the three topic areas.
  2.  Indicate in which group(s) you would like to serve by completing the online form: Join a DGC Workgroup: Make a Difference!<https://forms.office.com/r/p8LuwrJmTm>
  3.  Deadline is Friday, Nov. 11, 2022.

1. Continuing Education

This ad hoc workgroup will discuss data and reporting needs within Continuing Education (CNED) Career codes, consider various options/solutions, and develop a recommendation to the DGC which includes:

·        The ability to differentiate enrollments for programs with special funding and/or state-level reporting requirements.

·        A focus on enrollment reporting requirements for the SBCTC Data Warehouse.

Who should participate?

We strongly encourage participation by registrars, enrollment services staff, and continuing education representatives, as well any other functional areas (e.g., Institutional Research), which may be impacted by CNED Career Plan Code enrollment coding changes.

2. Course Modality/Instruction Mode

This ad hoc workgroup will study and discuss proposals to develop a recommendation to the DGC which includes:

·        eLearning-related coding and a recommendation for differentiating classes as “synchronous” or “asynchronous.”

·        Data and reporting for course modality (Instruction Mode) codes.

·        List of current, valid Instruction Mode codes and suggested coding updates suited to today’s learning environments.

Who should participate?

We strongly encourage participation by Instruction and eLearning representatives, as well any other functional areas (e.g., Institutional Research), which may be impacted by changes to Instruction Mode designations.

3. Best Practices for Handling EMPLIDs

This ad hoc workgroup will discuss options and develop a recommendation to the DGC which includes:

·        The “dos and don’ts” of working with or accessing EMPLID.

·        Documented best practices for handling EMPLID within the ctcLink system.

Who should participate?

We strongly encourage participation by Information Technology and subject matter experts in both Campus Solutions (CS) and Human Capital Management (HCM) as well any other functional areas that work with maintaining EMPLIDs within the ctcLink system.
Please reach out if you have questions or concerns.
On behalf of the Data Governance Committee members and your statewide colleagues, thank you for your consideration,
Carmen

Carmen McKenzie

Director of Data Services

[SBCTC sub-brand Data Services]

1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 |  Olympia, Washington 98504-2495
phone: (360) 704-4369 | fax: (360) 704-4416 | email: cmckenzie at sbctc.edu<mailto:cmckenzie at sbctc.edu>

Ruby.

Please note: My working hours may not match your working hours. Please prioritize work/life balance and only reply to this email during your working hours.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services  |  West 213C
11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  facebook.com/theLWTech  |  twitter.com/TheLWTech