[Wsssc] Floaters

Cosby, Glen Glen.Cosby at scc.spokane.edu
Thu Mar 31 11:42:17 PDT 2022

Hello colleagues, I'm curious if any of your institutions utilized classified staff as so-called "Floaters" who work in multiple departments on an as-needed basis.  I'm talking permanent employees here, not just temporary backfills.  These positions are commonplace at many higher ed institutions and in hospitals and other allied health institutions, but when we tried to run one past our HR folks you'd think we were talking about extraterrestrials.  I'm thinking a system precedent would help ease their minds and help us gain approval.

[cid:image001.png at 01D844F4.5E93C080]

Glen A Cosby, Ph.D (preferred pronouns: he, him, his)
Vice President of Student Services
Spokane Community College
MS 2150
1810 N Greene St.