[Wsssc] Departure and Farewell

Luca Lewis llewis at whatcom.edu
Thu Jun 9 06:54:55 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing you to share with you my departure from Whatcom Community College. My last day on campus will be Tuesday, June 21st. Joe, Chio, and I have met to discuss this change and transition and to ensure continued and strong support and coordination throughout the councils and the commission during this period of transition-thank you Joe and Chio for your leadership and support.

I deeply appreciate the opportunities in working with you all. The Student Services Commission leadership is unlike any other leadership team. Your drive, passion, and support for students and each other shines bright every day. I deeply appreciated the opportunity to be part of this journey and will miss you.

I've had the good fortune to be part of the CTC journey for over 15 years-my last seven years at Whatcom Community College as the Vice President for Student Services. While there have undoubtedly been significant challenges, difficult moments, and clearly more work to be done, a timely reminder that you continue to profoundly shape and influence incredible positive change and transformation at the system, regional, and local levels-all to advance and support the growth and success of diverse students and communities that we serve. Thank you for your continued hard work, dedication, and service to students. I wish you all the very best and brightest in your future endeavors.

Please feel free to connect with me on my personal email address at: luca.e.lewis at gmail.com<mailto:luca.e.lewis at gmail.com>.

Sincerely,

Luca

Luca E. Lewis, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Services
Whatcom Community College
www.whatcom.edu
237 West Kellogg Road | Bellingham, WA 98226
P: 360.383.3076
F: 360.383.4000

This e-mail and any files transmitted may contain confidential information as protected by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), 20 USC § 1232g and/or Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. § 2510-2521. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited. Furthermore, if you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately by telephone or return e-mail and completely delete this message from your system.