[Wsssc] FW: Update: Mask Order FAQ

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Wed Sep 29 08:38:23 PDT 2021

Colleagues: FYI, below.

From: Carli Schiffner <cschiffner at sbctc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 8:31 AM
To: INSTCOMM at LISTSERV.CENTRALIA.EDU
Subject: Update: Mask Order FAQ

From: "Gefroh, Amanda (DOH)" <amanda.gefroh at doh.wa.gov<mailto:amanda.gefroh at doh.wa.gov>>
Date: September 28, 2021 at 11:00:02 PM PDT
To: "Aultman, John (GOV)" <john.aultman at gov.wa.gov<mailto:john.aultman at gov.wa.gov>>, "Francis, Paul" <pfrancis at councilofpresidents.org<mailto:pfrancis at councilofpresidents.org>>, Jan Yoshiwara <jyoshiwara at sbctc.edu<mailto:jyoshiwara at sbctc.edu>>, "Standish-Kuon, Terri" <terri at icwashington.org<mailto:terri at icwashington.org>>, "Meotti, Michael (WSAC)" <MichaelM at wsac.wa.gov<mailto:MichaelM at wsac.wa.gov>>

Good evening,

An update has posted to the Secretary of Health’s Mask Order FAQ<https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/820-202-MaskOrderFAQ.pdf>. Of particular relevance to you, we have added a question to address your request for clarification. The question appears on page 10, I’ve included the language below for ease of reference:

I work at a fully vaccinated higher education campus, do I have to wear my mask while I lecture?
Similar to leading religious services, when actively lecturing you may remove your mask if you are speaking at a fully vaccinated campus and able to maintain physical distance from all observers, like in a large lecture hall, for example. Per the Secretary’s order, all others in attendance must be masked when indoors. DOH recommends lecturers consider all other alternatives before unmasking, e.g., using a microphone while remaining masked.

The masking in performing arts for parity with sports continues to be considered for a potential future update. I will circle back with you all if an update is made.

Thank you for your partnership, please continue to reach out at any time as you need.

Amanda Gefroh, MS
Gender Pronouns: she/her
COVID-19 Guidance & External Affairs Lead
Office of Strategic Partnerships
Washington State Department of Health
amanda.gefroh at doh.wa.gov<mailto:amanda.gefroh at doh.wa.gov>
564-999-1657 | www.doh.wa.gov<http://www.doh.wa.gov>